[Gnu-arch-users] Re: NEW: three-way merges / conflict markers

From: Samuel Tardieu
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: NEW: three-way merges / conflict markers
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 21:06:18 +0200

Tom> * yours
Tom>            that base revision with the undo changeset applied to
Tom>            it.  In other words, the project tree as it was when
Tom>            `undo' was invoked.
Tom> (It gets a little weirder if I muck with `tree-version' but
Tom> hopefully you get the idea.)

I think mucking with tree-version is quite a common scenario:

- make some changes
- tla undo
- make other changes, commit
- tla redo

You can't compute the "yours" tree here if the undo changeset doesn't
apply now that the tree version has changed because of the commit. And
if you don't have the "yours", you can't do the three-way merge.

  Sam
--
Samuel Tardieu -- address@hidden -- http://www.rfc1149.net/sam