Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: {arch} directory

From: Robert Collins
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: {arch} directory
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 06:24:05 +1000

On Fri, 2003-09-26 at 02:36, Tom Lord wrote:

> Just to be clear:  you expect this hook to actually produce the tree
> rather than simply ensuring that the tree is available in a revision
> library or pristine tree?

Yes, it seemed simpler. Initially, my trivial hook is simply going to
call add-pristine, or library add (depend on my preference for that
project).

> The obvious danger there is that if your hook gets it wrong,
> everything is hosed.

;).

> What do you actually want this hook to do, besides provide the tree?

* Delete old read-only trees it 'decides' are not needed anymore. (I.e.
more than 50 revisions back in the patch-list).
* Signal success or failure back to tla, so that if it doesn't succeed,
things don't get hosed.

Rob