Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: {arch} directory

From: Dustin Sallings
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: {arch} directory
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 22:35:35 -0700

On Friday, Sep 26, 2003, at 22:25 US/Pacific, Robert Anderson wrote:

        For example, I use ctags.  One of the projects I imported has a bunch
of .c files in the top level directory, and a few in subdirectories.
``ctags -R .'' works fine in CVS.  I'm fine with modifying that to be
``ctags -R *'' since it's roughly about the same to type.  In order to
do this with the {arch} directory, I need to do something like ``ctags
-R [A-z0-9]*''  Or ``tla inventory --files | ctags -L -''

Note that the presence of pristine trees is orthogonal to the name
"{arch}".

Well, * matches {arch}, but does not match .arch, which is my point here.

That being said, what version of ctags are you referring to? I'm pretty sure it's not GNU ctags; your expressions don't "work" in any reasonable
sense, nor is there a "-L" option.  But I have a comment, depending on
what you're trying to do with those expressions.

This is exuberant ctags 5.3 (see ctags.sf.net). -R is recurse, and -L is used to supply a list of source filenames.

--
SPY                      My girlfriend asked me which one I like better.
pub  1024/3CAE01D5 1994/11/03 Dustin Sallings <address@hidden>