Re: [Gnu-arch-users] cscvs log parsing failure

From: Florian Weimer
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] cscvs log parsing failure
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2003 16:07:59 +0200

On Sun, Sep 28, 2003 at 04:03:39PM +0200, Harald Meland wrote:

> That's my bad, I'm afraid.  When trying to import the Mailman CVS, I
> came across the following revision:

Uh-oh.

> This proves my assumption false, I'm afraid, which means my attempted
> fix is wrong.  However, I'm at a loss as to what a proper fix would
> be. :-(

Probably, there isn't any. 8-(

Maybe you could examine the revision number and check if it is out of
sequence.  This is still random guessing, but it would be a bit more
reliable.

Otherwise, the only fix is a patch to CVS to properly escape log
messages if necessary.

> As a potentially useful data point, what cvs version are you using
> (both client- and server-side, if applicable)?

1.12.1 on the client.  I don't know how to query the server version.