Re: [Gnu-arch-users] cscvs log parsing failure

From: Charles Duffy
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] cscvs log parsing failure
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2003 12:13:55 -0500

On Sun, 2003-09-28 at 09:03, Harald Meland wrote:
> This proves my assumption false, I'm afraid, which means my attempted
> fix is wrong.  However, I'm at a loss as to what a proper fix would
> be. :-(

My thought here is that it's necessary to use a parser generator that
can generate backtracking parsers, or perhaps to have some readahead (so
we can see if the next line matches "^revision " before deciding whether
we accept the separator.

The former of these is of course really hard but would be a Good Thing
for other reasons as well. The latter is the one that's more likely to
get done... Harold, are you willing to try tackling one of these, or do
I add it to my list?