Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: give us a hand with arch

From: David Brown
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: give us a hand with arch
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2003 09:15:00 -0700

On Sun, Sep 28, 2003 at 03:27:29PM +0200, Andrea Arcangeli wrote:

> why should I bother pressing a key when add-tag will do it for me?
> without even showing me garbage. I've to run add-tag anyways for the
> strict commits.

I think we are missing something in understanding what you mean by
"strict commits".  You seem to be equating 'add-tag' to strict commits
when that is not at all true.

Perhaps you should divorce the idea of 'tla add' and "strict commits"
and I think that you will find that even tagline with the right
=tagging-method does actually meet your requirements for "strict
commits".

I think tagline actually will do what you want, and easier.  But, it is
still up to you.  But, if you put tagline in the =tagging-method file,
you can still do your explicit tags, and have the option of later adding
taglines.

Dave