Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Arch hooks

From: Tom Lord
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Arch hooks
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 08:43:54 -0700 (PDT)

    > From: Robin Farine <address@hidden>

    >     Erik>  2) Is it possible to have a per project hook file so that
hooks
    >     Erik>     actually become part of the project?

    > You can have hooks in your project started by your master hook script,
    > but ...

    >     Erik> [...] without having to modify the hook file in their home
    >     Erik> directory.

    > this will never happen, hopefully. [Because it's too dangerous]

Right.  On the other hand, perhaps someone will write a generic
hook-script implementation that can call-out into third party scripts
-- which can themselves be revision controlled.

I think the unacceptable danger would be to let project trees carry
their own hook scripts but the acceptable compromise would be to write
the scripts so that the hooks could be maintained in a separate
project.  If you _deliberately_ download hook scripts from somebody
and get burned, well, don't act so surprised.