[Gnu-arch-users] recovery from accidental file deletion

From: Mirian Crzig Lennox
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] recovery from accidental file deletion
Date: 06 Nov 2003 15:03:17 -0500

Just now I've managed to accidentally deleted my working copy of a
file which was part of an arch project; fortunately it had no
uncommitted changes.  Is there any simple way to recover just that
file from Arch without disturbing my other working files (since
several of them have modifications I don't want to lose)?  With CVS, I
would have done a "cvs update", and cvs would notice the missing file
and replace it.  I tried "tla update" in hope of something similar,
but it wouldn't bite.

I ended up checking out the entire revision again (to a scratch
directory which I afterwards removed), in order to get at the lost
file.  Would there have been a better way to accomplish this?

cheers,
--Mirian