Re: [Gnu-arch-users] recovery from accidental file deletion

From: zander
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] recovery from accidental file deletion
Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2003 21:11:47 +0100

On Thu, Nov 06, 2003 at 09:53:35PM +0100, Michael Teichgr?ber wrote:
> Mirian Crzig Lennox <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > Just now I've managed to accidentally deleted my working copy of a
> > file which was part of an arch project; fortunately it had no
> > uncommitted changes.  Is there any simple way to recover just that
> > file from Arch without disturbing my other working files (since
> > several of them have modifications I don't want to lose)?
>
> You could copy it from the pristine tree:
>
>   project/tree/root$ cp `tla file-find FILENAME` FILENAME

I'm using the tla from @debian: tla-1:20031029-1
it does not appear to have the functionality you are talking about:

address@hidden:uicompiler$ tla get -A address@hidden uicompiler--mainline--0
uicompiler
* from pristine cache: address@hidden/uicompiler--mainline--0--base-0
* making pristine copy
* tree version set address@hidden/uicompiler--mainline--0
address@hidden:uicompiler$ cd uicompiler
address@hidden:uicompiler$ rm build.xml
address@hidden:uicompiler$ tla file-find build.xml
error finding file id (2: No such file or directory)
 path: ./build.xml
PANIC: arch_inventory_id

ps. I also tried with the -A argument; no change.
ps2. I used the default tagging method which is explicit.

Any suggestions?
--
Thomas Zander