Re: [Gnu-arch-users] recent changes in address@hidden, and star-merge an

From: Colin Walters
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] recent changes in address@hidden, and star-merge and update/replay defaults
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 15:12:09 -0500

On Sun, 2003-11-09 at 10:24, Tom Lord wrote:

> Suppose [...]

Ok, you have convinced me that this needs more thought.  I'll probably
revert my second star-merge hack for now.

> 2) We've talked about the alternative of {arch}/=upstream.   It may,
>    indeed, be good to make upstream annotations somewhere, but
>    it's problematic to make them part of the source in a project tree:
>    do I really want changes I make to my upstream settings to appear
>    in changesets that you'll be merging?

Yeah, that is a problem.

> Finally: what would be so bad about starting off by publishing some
> project-specific scripts for rhythmbox?

There's just a difference between saying, "here, run this command to do
FOO", and "here, download this script, put it somewhere, make sure it's
executable, and then run it whenever you want to do FOO".  It's not a
huge difference, but I think that whenever you find scripts like that
are necessary, it's a bug.