[Gnu-arch-users] Re: minor extension to arch protocol

From: Miles Bader
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: minor extension to arch protocol
Date: 17 Nov 2003 11:41:31 +0900

Colin Walters <address@hidden> writes:
> Look, I understand this is a relatively minor issue.  But it really does
> bother me, and has from the start.  And it's not just me; about half of
> everyone I introduce to arch comments on it.  If we can fix
> tagging-method, I think there'd be many fewer complaints.

Yes, it is a minor issue -- I mean what's with people getting all
bothered by what files underneath {arch} are called?  Surely you don't
edit =tagging-method more than once every couple of months, and do an ls
of that dir more than about twice a year?!?

Anyway, don't tell them it's for dir sorting, tell them the `=' avoids
namespace collisions for meta-info files (which it does).

[Though perhaps a better solution is just to wack them upside the head
and tell them to find something more productive to moan about...]

-miles
--
Fast, small, soon; pick any 2.