Re: [Gnu-arch-users] OT: Lisp

From: Samuel A. Falvo II
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] OT: Lisp
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 10:16:21 -0800

On Thursday 20 November 2003 12:39 am, Charles Duffy wrote:
> Okay, perl6 works -- though I was thinking "ruby" at the time that I
> wrote it, and I'm quite sure that ruby predates perl6.

I know I'm not part of this discussion, as I've just joined the list,
but...

To the best of my recollection, "Everything is an object," predates
almost any other object oriented langauge except Simula.  Smalltalk-76
and Smalltalk-80 were using this as a big selling point for the
languages back when they were introduced and popularized.  I'm pretty
sure you just can't get more object oriented than Smalltalk.  :)

--
Samuel A. Falvo II