Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Savannah vs. Open Software License

From: Adam Sampson
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Savannah vs. Open Software License
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 19:39:50 +0000

Thomas Zander <address@hidden> writes:

>> This clause makes life very unpleasant for mirror sites:
> I'm not sure why you say that;

It's unpleasant because free-software sites that are already being
mirrored are starting to include OSL-licensed software, and thus the
mirrors may now be breaking the terms of the license without realising
it. Click-wrap licenses are highly inconvenient for mirror site users.

> in my (personal) book, this licence is not free.

I entirely agree.

--
Adam Sampson <address@hidden>                        <http://offog.org/>