Re: [Gnu-arch-users] more on the merge-fest

From: Samuel A. Falvo II
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] more on the merge-fest
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 19:29:02 -0800

On Tuesday 25 November 2003 06:16 pm, Andrew Suffield wrote:
> You have spent too much time looking at the plans and specifications
> for government work and not enough looking at what actually happens in
> the real world.

That's a rather condescending thing to say, considering you know nothing
about who I am or my experience.  My experience in the technology
industry may be sorely lacking compared to you, but it's extensive
enough to know that what you wrote above is pure conjecture on your
part.

> Most of the time, the specification is pulled out of the air (to
> satisfy the requirements) and then ignored completely, and bears no
> resemblence to the result.

Not for the companies I've worked for, and none of them were tied to the
government in any way.

--
Samuel A. Falvo II