Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Portability of archives?

From: Tom Lord
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Portability of archives?
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 11:35:08 -0800 (PST)

    > From: "Samuel A. Falvo II" <address@hidden>
    > On Tuesday 25 November 2003 10:29 pm, Miles Bader wrote:
    > > I think what you suggest should work, but there's no need to do that
    > > -- arch can use remote repositories without having arch actually run
    > > on the server, e.g., via sftp.  [and if you'd like to have the
    > > savannah archive be a RO copy of your personal archive, you can use
    > > tla's mirroring facility to do it.]

    > Which my current web hosting provider does not support (though it DOES
    > support scp and ssh).

If it supports ssh, you should be able to get an sftp setup running,
perhaps with some (pretty trivial) "local customization" of the tla
sftp transport.

If you can then sftp to a directory that anonymous users can read via
ordinary http, you'll be all set for making a RO mirror.

So the question is: can you fudge up sftp to your hosting provider?