Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: tla on aix

From: Tom Lord
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: tla on aix
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 10:37:23 -0800 (PST)

    > From: address@hidden

    > I had to specify CC="cc -qlanglvl=stdc99" in order that it accept
    > the occasional C99-style comment.

Gah.  Fixed, I think -- though I only spotted one.

    > -  return md5_for_str_n (result, limits, string, str_length (string));
    > +  md5_for_str_n (result, limits, string, str_length (string));

Fixed.

    > -  test -z $(ls "$d")
    > +  test -z "$(ls "$d")"

Fixed.

    > I don't know if the test scripts are non-POSIX or if all the AIX shells
    > are broken.

The scritps are _supposed_ to be POSIX. I think that the (unfixed)
script has relied on a common non-standard extension and the AIX
shells are stricter.

    > -file_matches '^+.*Hello, world' ../hello-world.patch
    > +file_matches '^\+.*Hello, world' ../hello-world.patch

Fixed.

    > 3: test-mv-explicit; move file into a directory tree
    > This prints:
    > [...]
    > Test 13: move directory into a symlink to an existing directory
    > Test 13: PASS
    > Test 14: move file into a directory tree
    > These symlinks point to nonexistent files:

    > and then hangs in a completely unkillable manner. The only way out is
    > to kill -9 the shell remotely, and close the terminal.

    > The offending line appears to be:
    > tla commit -L"moved hello-world.c into the tree" 1>/dev/null
    > Commenting this out allows the test to continue (albeit it fails).

    > Commenting out this line also makes the rest of the tests in that file
    > fail due to "hello-world.c" being in the wrong place; so I have no idea
    > whether they work or not.

    > All other tests, though, pass.

    > Any ideas on what might be causing the mv-explicit failure?

No particular idea, no.

The earlier fixes are fixed in my archive and will soon be pushed.

For the test-mv-explicit problem:  if you would, please preface the
suspicious 'tla commit' with lines like:

        echo BUG HERE: `pwd` 1>&2
        exit 2

Run the tests and then try running the commit command in the indicated
directory under a debugger.