Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: How to 'update' an updated archive?

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: How to 'update' an updated archive?
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 22:02:14 -0400

On Tue, Jun 15, 2004 at 12:34:13PM +0100, TC wrote:
> But suppose I have deleted one or more files and I don't know
> which.  "cvs update" would simply get the for me.  What's arch's
> approach (other than saying, "be more careful with your
> files idiot!" :-)

`tla undo' should put things back, but it will do any other changes too.

The the other changes are simple file changes, you can easily handle this
case by saving a patch first, undoing the tree, and then applying the saved
patch to restore the file changes.

E.g.:

  $ tla changes --diffs > ,patch
  $ tla undo
  $ patch -p1 < ,patch

If you're using `explicit' tagging, and the files got deleted uncleanly, the
`tla undo' may fail because the explicit tag (.id) files are still hanging
around; in that you'll want to remove them before the `tla undo' (if you have
tla-tools installed, `tla-update-ids' can be a convenient way to do this as
it's just one command for all files).

-Miles
--
`...the Soviet Union was sliding in to an economic collapse so comprehensive
 that in the end its factories produced not goods but bads: finished products