(hey Andrew) Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: [BUG] tla delta should not put eve

From: Tom Lord
Subject: (hey Andrew) Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: [BUG] tla delta should not put everything to stdout
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 20:51:16 -0700 (PDT)

    > From: Amit Shah <address@hidden>

    > Miles Bader wrote:

    > > Amit Shah <address@hidden> writes:
    > >> Also, a new option, perhaps, to tla delta to output just a GNU patch
    > >> file, so that patches can be sent to people not using arch could be
    > >> added...?

    > > Why?  Patches apply fine with that extra stuff in there, and indeed it's
    > > actually rather useful.

    > Added / deleted files aren't shown as patches; they're just denoted by an
    > 'A' in the output and also in the '* added files' listing.

    > However, this would qualify as a separate bug report.

No, keep it here, please.

Andrew, can we please rename this bug something like
"output-format-f-ups" and re-Subject: it accordingly?

The solution proposed (tweaking which descriptors get what) isn't
right, I think, but the complaint is plausible enough.

And anyway, there's a bunch of little output f' ups like this.
So let's collect all our perspectives on them, find the patterns,
design the solution, and spawn sub-bugs (have you implemented sub-bugs
in bug goo yet? :-) (how about _distributed_ sub-bugs? !-).