Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: arch on windows?

From: Eske Christiansen
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: arch on windows?
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 21:09:30 +0200

On Mon, 2004-07-12 at 21:16, John Meinel wrote:

> Well, I just did a check on the MAC here in the office. And when using
> Journaled HFS+, I made a path with > 900 characters and had no problems.
> When I went > ~1000 the shell started complaining that getcwd "Cannot
> access parent directories: Result too large".
> So my guess is that either bash or the filesystem doesn't support > 1024
> characters. This is a heck of a lot better than 256, so we may not have
> problems under Mac, and maybe the only thing that needs patching is the
> Win32 port.
> There might be issues with a different filesystem (HFS, IIRC Mac can use
> UFS, etc) But at least HFS+ seems okay.

I have used tla under mac os x on a hfs+ drive for 6 months. not a
single problem. (did have some problem with the early 1.2pre version but
that is solved). Right now I run a tla version I tjecked out from toms
archive 6 days ago and it just works.

If you want me to try some test out just say so!

eske

--
My sister opened a computer store in Hawaii. She sells C shells down
by the seashore.