Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [OT] facism gaining ground in US

From: Roman Zippel
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [OT] facism gaining ground in US
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 20:17:37 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004, Pierce T.Wetter III wrote:

> > Why was
> > the US so interested to invade Iraq again?
>
>    I don't know if I can articulate it very well, but it was basically a
> sense
> that we needed to protect our flank in the war on terror. Does that
> make sense
> or do I need to go into more detail?

It doesn't make sense, because there is and never was any proof that
Saddam was a real threat to the US or that there were any connections to
terrorism. The US government has here the choice between being complete
liars or completely incompetent.
This discussion makes no sense and will get nowhere, if you don't even try
to look into the economic interests of the US. It's amazing how you manage
to avoid this topic.

bye, Roman