Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [OT] facism gaining ground in US

From: Pierce T . Wetter III
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] [OT] facism gaining ground in US
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2004 09:29:57 -0700

On Jul 24, 2004, at 10:21 AM, Samium Gromoff wrote:

Pierce wrote:
It would also worry me if we started training our army to be able
to peacefully subjugate thepopulation. (Consistency is boring...)

Its probability worries you rightfully, but for a fundamentally
wrong reason.

If a state has to train too much policemen then this means that
something is _really_ _really_ _wrong_ with the government of
that state.

 Not if they were used for disaster relief etc. Though that's what
the national guard is for, but they don't have the army corp of
engineers.

 What would worry me is that then it might make them too easy to use
for some sort of "internal problem".

 Pierce