Re: [Gnu-arch-users] issues merging changes from an external branch

From: David Allouche
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] issues merging changes from an external branch
Date: Mon, 01 Nov 2004 21:58:30 +0100

On Mon, 2004-10-25 at 19:54 +0200, Joan Picanyol wrote:
> What am I doing wrong? What should I do to get my changes back in?
>
> How can I accomplish the equivalent of "moving a category between archives"?

It is difficult to answer your question because:

      * You are using the default archive value (giving a version name
        without archive name on the command line) without telling us
        which is the default archive. With tla, it's simpler and less
        confusing to always specify the archive name.
      * You do not tell us what is the ancestry relationship between
        your branches, which branch was created by tagging of another
        branch.
      * You do not tell us which version of tla you are using. I believe
        that some recent versions of tla include a fix that makes the
        initial star-merge between two branches works seamlessly when
        one of the branches was created by tagging off the other branch.

Please try with James Blackwell's tla-1.2.2rc2, available on
http://releases.gnuarch.org, and give us more detailed information if
you are still unable to solve your problem.

--
                                                            -- ddaa