Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: community spirit

From: Zenaan Harkness
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: community spirit
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2004 08:03:40 +1100

On Tue, 2004-11-02 at 05:22, Samuel Tardieu wrote:

> Thomas> But if you are going to start producing public releases and
> Thomas> encouraging people to use them, perhaps some demonstrated
> Thomas> consideration for the public project's processes and
> Thomas> opportunity to react would be in order, no?
>
> I still don't quite understand why you seem to be so upset. Would you

It doesn't seem like "so" upset to me. Expectations weren't met though.
Surely that's obvious.

> have had the same reaction if they started from scratch and used the
> same archive format? Is it because they do use your (and other people)
> code without giving you a heads up warning first? Do you feel the same
> concerning tla wrappers?

Do you not agree that there was any fedora/egcs like approach _at all_,
or are you being willfully ignorant, or simply biased for some reason?

What's so difficult about understanding this "community" expectation?

As in: "hey guys, this is a new UI approach we are planning to take (in
fact launching and well into discussion), what do you think, is there a
better way, is anyone willing to put a big tla-librify effort in as we
go forward with this (since we don't otherwise have the resources), and
by the way, here's the wiki page to discuss the actual UI approach -
feedback is of course all the rage these days, I hear."

Can you see _any_ difference between this hypothetical announcement/
RFC, and the actual one by Canonical?