Re: [Gnu-arch-users] library-add w/o ancestor checking?

From: Aaron Bentley
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] library-add w/o ancestor checking?
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 2004 16:49:34 -0500

Adrian Irving-Beer wrote:
Any way I can get library-add (in sparse mode, presumably) to add,
say, patch-150 from my archive (a known cacherev) without bothering to
ancestor in the library?

This is a pathological case for the way library-add builds revisions. tla get --no-greedy-add would behave nicely here, because it uses a different algorithm.

Unfortunately, the only way to fix it is to hack the revision-building code.

And further to that, is there any way (at a later patch, 194 in this
case) to tell a greedy add to stop at that last cacherev (150),
without doing the sparse-150 add above (with or without the extended
ancestry checking)?

I don't think there is.

Aaron

--