Re: [Gnu-arch-users] library-add w/o ancestor checking?

From: Adrian Irving-Beer
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] library-add w/o ancestor checking?
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 16:52:17 -0500

On Wed, Nov 03, 2004 at 08:45:16AM +1100, Zenaan Harkness wrote:

> If it's empty why is it slow ??

Because apparently, that determination can only be done by fetching
logs from the remote server.  Every single one.  Not to mention all
the GPG signatures.

The first part is an assumption, mind you.  All I can *see* is the
plethora of GPG checks, but I assume they're being done for more than
just the sake of checking signatures.