Re: [OT] Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Re: community spirit

From: Thomas Lord
Subject: Re: [OT] Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Re: community spirit
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 15:20:37 -0800 (PST)

    you:
    >> Furthermore, Tom is a former employee of the Artist Formerly
    >> Known As Cygnus Solutions.  Nobody is willing to say much about
    >> the separation, but it clearly was an issue of refusing the
    >> boss's orders, not incompetence or being hired away by a
    >> competitor.

    >> I think it's fair to say he left the game.

    me:
    > I do not think it's fair to say that.

But all this is dumb, of course.  Explicitly accusatory on one side
and implicitly counter-acusatory on the other side, all in a public
space in which neither side can comfortably produce definative
supporting evidence.  It's a pointless game, if left at that.

Next moves if that /isn't/ the game? --- hmmm i dunno.  "Me" making
"them" an offer that's "/easy/ to refuse (and hopefully easier to
accept)?"

The opposite of bribery and price fixing and other forms of economic
hostility is progressive commerce, more or less, no?

And the opposite of public to-the-death debate is private consultation
in a spirit of community, yes?