Re: [OT] Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Re: community spirit

From: Andrew Suffield
Subject: Re: [OT] Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Re: community spirit
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 02:26:02 +0000

On Mon, Nov 08, 2004 at 08:48:31AM +1100, Zenaan Harkness wrote:
> > In the case in point, if you believe that what "such execs" are doing
> > is harmful and immoral, you should become an entrepreneur and acquire
> > the resources needed to do something about it.  That's what rms did;
> > that's why rms is justly considered a great man.  If you don't, well,
> > then you share the moral responsibility for the debacle you predict.
>
> So Tom is not being an entrepreneur in his development, in his work
> building arch/tla, in establishing this community, in maxing out all his
> credit lines, in living on the edge, in persevering for month after
> month, in short, putting his actions where his principles lie?

Given that he has not accomplished whatever it is (I've lost track)
that he is complaining has not happened? No, by definition.

Effort does not transport from one goal to another. Working towards
some of your goals does not excuse you from having to work towards the
others.

 : :' :  http://www.debian.org/ |