Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: darcs vs tla

From: John A Meinel
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: darcs vs tla
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 11:18:36 -0600

address@hidden wrote:
[...]
And it's portable. ( Written in Haskell, darcs is used on on many
operating systems including Linux, MacOS X, FreeBSD, and Windows.)

-- lode

I just had a weird experience with the "portability" of darcs. I went to check out the Carpet repository (just to play around with darcs)
http://www.carpetcode.org/get-carpet-darcs.html

I then added a line to the readme, and used "darcs diff". It started scrolling tons of changes by.

I think it decided that the line endings were different.

Probably this isn't very hard to fix, but I wouldn't call it perfectly portable yet.

(This was with the darcs 1.0 windows binary.)

John
=:->