Re: [Gnu-arch-users] cacherev policy script

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] cacherev policy script
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 22:24:40 +0900

> it talks says an optimal cacherev policy would be "cached revisions such
> that the sum of the sizes of changesets between any two cached revisions
> is about the same as the size as the [...] cached revision."

Not really "optimal" for all purposes -- e.g., in my emacs branch,
there are currently over 700 revisions, but the total size of all
those changesets is still less than a single emacs cacherev...
However for purposes of not driving people doing virgin checkouts
nuts, more frequent cacherevs are called for.

-Miles