Re: [Gnu-arch-users] diff markers/ star merge

From: Aaron Bentley
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] diff markers/ star merge
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 17:11:48 -0500

Zenaan Harkness wrote:

So, I can tla undo, tla star-merge then tla redo, except when I tla redo
I get the .rej conflict files rather than diff3 in-file markers.

I realize that .rej files may be unfamiliar, but now that I'm used to them, I find them quite readable. The top half shows the text the patch was expecting, the bottom shows what the patch tried to turn it into.

Is there a way to play with my branches to achieve this (get the diff3
in-file markers when I re-do)?

AFAICT, there's no point in doing this. If you star-merge directly, you'll get the same thing, except that the conflicts will point the opposite way. But they'll still be inline conflicts that point the opposite way.

However, I think it goes like this:
$TREE_REVISION=$(tla logs -f|tail -n 1)
tla tag -S $TREE_REVISION $TEMP_VERSION
tla replay $TEMP_VERSION--base-0
tla commit -s "Temp copy of changes" $TEMP_VERSION
tla apply-delta . $TREE_REVISION
tla star-merge $UPSTREAM
tla commit -s "Got latest upstream"
tla star-merge -t $TEMP_VERSION

The reason it's so complicated is that apply-delta doesn't have a --three-way parameter. Otherwise, it would just require a get and an apply-delta.

Aaron