Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Please recommend a simple open source Unix for arch

From: Zenaan Harkness
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Please recommend a simple open source Unix for arch
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 08:29:43 +1100

As a development workstation, I ran Debian for a year and a half, then
Red Hat for about three months, then went back to Debian.

I've installed minimal machines (text only, servers), and minimal
graphics installations (on new boxes I usually install a 500MB rescue
partition - which includes full X and light-weight window manager, etc).

I had a Mac G4 for a while, in the early days of "fink" (a port of
Debian's dpkg package manager application to OS/X).

For me, Debian's package management is as cose to flawless as exists
today (although Gentoo people might disagree - but you were talking
'simple' I thought :), and the reason I'll return again and again.

Good luck
Zen