[Gnu-arch-users] Re: diff markers/ star merge

From: Samuel Tardieu
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: diff markers/ star merge
Date: 21 Nov 2004 23:54:05 +0100

>>>>> "Zenaan" == Zenaan Harkness <address@hidden> writes:

Zenaan> So, I want to undo, star-merge in $stable, then commit (!),
Zenaan> then redo so I can continue on. Except I want in-file diff3
Zenaan> markers when I redo, because my change touches hundreds of
Zenaan> files.

Why not commit your work into another branch, so that you can make
sure that you do not loose any of your work (should you realize that
you need some other modifications before merging to ease the merge)
and then use star-merge between your star-merged-from-upstream branch
and your development branch?

  Sam
--
Samuel Tardieu -- address@hidden -- http://www.rfc1149.net/sam