Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Making --setup default in tag and import

From: James Blackwell
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Making --setup default in tag and import
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 23:57:40 -0500

> If such a command were actually offered by tla, it should try to
> automatically enforce safety (e.g., once if a branch/revision has been
> mirrored/checked-out, it shouldn't be deleted) and maybe implementing
> such enforcement is too annoying.  But that's a practical decision.

This is an interesting thought. Check to see the archive is mirrored. If
not, prune it from the archive, revision library, .arch-cache, etc.

But does that cover all cases? What if someone else on the same machine
points directly at an archive you classify as private but isn't?

> BTW, on the original subject, the idea that requiring -S is actually
> going to make it safer seems ... ludicrous.  As has been pointed out,

I don't know that I'd go so far as to say ludicrous; but I agree with
the general feeling. Baz has removed the -S option from branch (the
closest equivilant to tag), and we haven't heard any reports of people
screwing up.

--
 James Blackwell      |   Life is made of the stuff that hasn't killed
 Tell someone a joke! |   you yet.                       - yours truly