Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tla 1.3: can't unregister non-existing revlib

From: Aaron Bentley
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] tla 1.3: can't unregister non-existing revlib
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 22:36:05 -0500

Haakon Riiser wrote:

While the problem was already resolved, I think a third option makes more sense:

3. absolutize paths, but do not canonicalize them.

Yes, forget option #1 entirely; this is probably what I meant to
say, even though I was too tired to get it right at the time I
posted my suggestion. :-)

I take it this is how the problem was resolved too?

IIRC, we took option 2. It turned out the bug was caused by vestigial code, and it was fun tracking it down to its origins.

The reason I mentioned it was because I don't believe we currently have a function that can absolutize a path. We seem to either leave it alone or canonicalize it.

Aaron