Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Configuration file versioning

From: Jan Hudec
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Configuration file versioning
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 08:28:30 +0100

On Fri, Feb 18, 2005 at 15:08:58 +0100, Sascha Ziemann wrote:
> I am looking for a program for configuration file versioning ("/etc").
> Has Arch the capability to store file owners and access permissions?
> I tried Subversion but after a checkout my shadow file was world
> readable.  Is it the same with Arch?

Arch does store permissions but not owners (but files in /etc should
belong to root anyway). But the main advantage of arch is, that with
properly set tagging method it automaticaly manages all files in the
directory.

I am using Arch to manage /etc/ for quite some time and I am satisfied.
I even have a script to simplify the setup in
address@hidden/etcguard--main--0. It is mirrored on
sourcecontrol.net.

                                                 Jan 'Bulb' Hudec
<address@hidden>