[Gnu-arch-users] star-merge causing PANIC: I/O error `vu_lstat'

From: Zenaan Harkness
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] star-merge causing PANIC: I/O error `vu_lstat'
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 10:22:04 +1100

I have the following version, tagged as illustrated:

PARENT

 +--> AAA

       +--> BBB

AAA has no additional changes in it after BBB was tagged. BBB has a
bunch of changes. PARENT does have one additional change in it, from
after AAA was tagged, which is a star-merge of the patches in AAA.

So basically PARENT matches with BBB--base-0.

The developer who owns AAA and BBB wants to continue in BBB, he does not
want to merge it into AAA.

So I (with PARENT/"stable" hat), now need to star-merge BBB into PARENT,
since BBB has a bunch of useful stuff that we recently releases as a
stable version. PARENT needs to reflect that.

But when I try this star merge I get:

Error calling `vu_lstat' for
"/home/arch/p0tmp/./src/media/game/pool/bluetable.jpg" (No such file or
directory)
PANIC: I/O error

blutable.jpg is not a symlink, but doesn't exist in PARENT.

Any ideas?

___ 05-02-24 10:13:11 address@hidden:~/p0tmp $ ls \
-l /home/arch/p0tmp/./src/media/game/pool/bluetable.jpg

ls: /home/arch/p0tmp/./src/media/game/pool/bluetable.jpg: No such file
or directory

___ 05-02-24 10:19:04 address@hidden:~/p0tmp $ tla --version
tla tla-1.3-1 from regexps.com

tia