Re: [Gnu-arch-users] star-merge causing PANIC: I/O error `vu_lstat'

From: Zenaan Harkness
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] star-merge causing PANIC: I/O error `vu_lstat'
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 12:24:54 +1100

On Wed, 2005-02-23 at 18:01 -0600, John Arbash Meinel wrote:
> Zenaan Harkness wrote:
>
> >I have the following version, tagged as illustrated:

> >tia
> >zen
> >

> Did you try any other commands to make sure that your tree is okay? Like
> "tla changes", etc. And you are sure that the p0tmp tree is what it is
> supposed to be?
>
> It seems like if a straight star-merge failed, then you should be able
> to use --reference, but in this case, it doesn't seem like it would
> really need it.
>
> The lstat failure is an unexpected one.

I did a fresh tla get to get that working tree. tla logs and tla changes
both showed expected results.

When I got the owner of AAA and BBB to star merge BBB into AAA, then my
star merge from AAA into PARENT worked just fine.

We have had this problem before - we can't star merge directly from a
tree that is not a direct parent or child.

In which case, may be I do need to read some more of the fine manual,
namely regarding --reference.

As mentioned, we merged all the way through now, which is not what we
wanted to do, but did the job in the short term.

ta
zen