[Gnu-arch-users] Problem with star-merge

From: Ingo Buescher
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Problem with star-merge
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 09:38:36 +0200

Hello,

we are 4 developers and try to use tla to get our work done but encountered a serious problem now.

I imported our already written sourcecode, the others tagged from me and worked on their local copies. Star merging between them and me worked flawlessly but when they try to merge among each other (using star-merge --reference myArchive/MySrc) tla tries to merge the changes they already got from me again, which leads to conflicts, since those changes have already been applied.

So the question is: is it possible at all with tla to have merges in form of a net, where everybody can merge from everybody and tla is smart enough to figure out, which patches are already applied (because of information in the wiki I thought this was possible) or does tla needs a tree like
structure with one central developer, where everybody merges from and to?

And if it is possible to use tla in form of a net, any idea, what might have gone wrong?

Ingo Buescher