[Gnu-arch-users] Re: Problem with star-merge

From: Matthieu Moy
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: Problem with star-merge
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 20:05:41 +0200

Ingo Buescher <address@hidden> writes:

> So the question is: is it possible at all with tla to have merges in
> form of a net, where everybody can
> merge from everybody and tla is smart enough to figure out, which
> patches are already applied

The rule in this case is: « Do not merge a patch that has already been
merged by another branch you want to merge from ». There's always at
least one branch that has not yet been merged by another contributor.

Xtla (if you're an Emacs user) has some feature to help you to do
this. We call this "Anarchic development".

--
Matthieu