Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Unsucessful application of patches, without any err

From: John A Meinel
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Unsucessful application of patches, without any error
Date: Sat, 07 May 2005 09:54:50 -0500

James Livingston wrote:
On Sat, 2005-05-07 at 09:16 -0500, John A Meinel wrote:

Did the file in question have a space in the name?

Nope, in this case the files were sources/rb-sourcelist.{h,c}

<snip explanation of what "?M" means>

Anyway, tla before 1.2 something didn't handle spaces in filenames, so
it is possible that it just can't find the file.

There are other patches by the same person (both before, and after) that
modify the above two files and don't show this problem. My other guess
was that the patch had gotten corrupted somewhere, but 1.2.1 and 1.3
both do the right thing, which makes this less likely.

It's not a complex patch either, the changes to the two files that don't
work are a couple of lines added/changed.

Is the tree available that we can see it, and the bogus patch? I don't
have a lot of time, but I could at least look at the patch and see if
anything is suspicious.

Of course, natural statement is, since tla-1.2.1 and 1.3 work, use them. :)

Also, what version did he use to *generate* these patches?

And does the id for the patch have a quote (', ") in them? I believe
there was also a change to how quotes were handled in ids.

Cheers,

James "Doc" Livingston

John
=:->

PS> Can you submit your GPG key to one of the keyservers? I couldn't
find it on subkeys.pgp.net, simply:
gpg --keyserver subkeys.pgp.net --send-key 89212D19