RE: [Gnu-arch-users] Problem after deleting archive

From: Попков Александр
Subject: RE: [Gnu-arch-users] Problem after deleting archive
Date: Thu, 12 May 2005 01:52:45 +0400

Aaron Bentley wrotes:

>Never ever do that.  Revision names in Arch are supposed to be globally
>unique, which is why they have email addresses in them.  When you
>import, commit or tag, you are permanently assigning a name to the state
>of your project tree.  If you delete
>address@hidden/project-name--devel--0--base-0 and then re-create
>it, you are breaking the rules, and you can't expect Arch to work.  Even
>if you could successfully tag, star-merge would probably misbehave.

>Just use a new version name.  Like, for example,
>address@hidden/project-name--devel--1.

>Or alternatively, instead of tagging again, just star-merge from main
>into address@hidden/project-name--devel--0.

I.e. just create empty project address@hidden/project-name--devel--0 and do
star-merge from main? And this can be fine? I am very hope to this!

>Or, if you really want to, you can tag into
>address@hidden/project-name--devel--0 without deleting it first.
This operation (after onetime deleting) clause conflicts... each time...

>  Be warned that star-merge may not behave correctly if you do this (but
>that would be a bug in star-merge).
Hmmmm... What a bug? I am use tla--devo--1.2--patch-115 version, this version
are affected?

Tomorrow (now night in Russia...) I am try you advices, thanks!

WBR, Alexander Popkov