Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: tla-update-ids --id-hint-tree doesn't recurse p

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: tla-update-ids --id-hint-tree doesn't recurse properly
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 10:25:33 +0900

On 6/17/05, Magnus Henoch <address@hidden> wrote:
> > tla-update-ids --id-hint-tree doesn't recurse into subdirectories for
> > me.  That is, top-level files and directories in the target tree get
> > the same ids as in the source tree, but files in subdirectories don't.
>
> This patch makes my test case work:

tla-update-ids tries to handle subdirectories by their inventory id.

So if you have a new file "foo/bar", it will get the inventory id of
the directory "foo", then look for a file called "bar" in directories
having that id in the hint trees.

This allows the feature to work even in the presence of renamed directories.

However it might a good backup feature to try looking up the file
using the entire path if the above doesn't work (though in the usual
case of hint trees which are merely different versions of the same
project, I'd think the "directory id" method would generally work
better).

I'll look at your patch.

Thanks,

-Miles