[Gnu-arch-users] [ot] reply-to (was: commit going up the tree)

From: martin f krafft
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] [ot] reply-to (was: commit going up the tree)
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 01:33:13 +0200

also sprach John Arbash Meinel <address@hidden> [2005.06.17.0121 +0200]:
> Not all clients support this natively (Thunderbird being one of
> them that doesn't).

... and it's not the first time I wonder who the heck actually
programmes those Mozilla tools...

> Might I recommend that you configure your Mailman settings and
> check the box that says "don't duplicate messages sent to me." It
> may not be perfect, but it probably will help a lot.

I post with address@hidden and read with
address@hidden, so not, it would not
help... :(

And procmail, which is often suggested for its duplicate filtering
ability also won't work. If I am CC'd, I receive the direct mail
before the list mail. So the list mail is discarded as a duplicate,
and the post ends up in the wrong place (I use Delivered-To
filtering, which is the only sane way to do it given the volume
I receive).

Thanks for your time anyway. :)

  \____ echo mailto: !#^."<*>"|tr "<*> mailto:"; address@hidden

invalid/expired pgp subkeys? use subkeys.pgp.net as keyserver!
spamtraps: address@hidden

"i've got a bike,
 you can ride it if you like,
 it's got a basket. a bell that rings, and things to make it look good.
 i'd give it to you if i could,
 but i borrowed it."
                                                  -- syd barrett, 1967