[Gnu-arch-users] Re: tla suggestions

From: Aaron Bentley
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: tla suggestions
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 10:11:31 -0400

Matthieu Moy wrote:
> Aaron Bentley <address@hidden> writes:
>

>>It also won't re-download it unless you disable the Arch Cache, because
>>commits to remote locations are automatically cached.
>

> Good to hear, I didn't know that.
>
> The problem with the arch cache currently is that it still has to
> establish the connection to the archive, so, it won't work
> in disconnected mode.

Agreed.  I was working on lazy-initialization failover archives that we
could layer the cache on top of.  We ran into problems with signing,
since there's no local data about whether an archive location is signed.
(Only data about whether the archive as a whole may/should/must be signed.)

Aaron

--
Aaron Bentley
Director of Technology