[Gnu-arch-users] Re: tla changes vs. baz status

From: Martin Pool
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: tla changes vs. baz status
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 23:59:36 +1000

On 21 Jun 2005, Miles Bader <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 6/21/05, Aaron Bentley <address@hidden> wrote:
> > I guess the thing I like about the current output format for bzr is that
> > it's more accessible to new users, because they don't have to read a
> > legend to decipher it.
>
> Uh-oh...
>
>    Hi!  The following is a new file in this changeset!!!!
>    Hope you like it :-)  :--O :-/.

bzr status --format=clippy

I like it, and it would be a great application for the plugin interface. :)

More seriously, the current default is meant to be a tradeoff between
being machine-parseable and being reasonably understandable.  I used
to like 'svn status', but I think Aaron's right that having to refer
to the legend so often shows something is wrong.

--
Martin