[Gnu-arch-users] Re: tla suggestions

From: John A Meinel
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] Re: tla suggestions
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 18:01:05 -0500

Matthieu Moy wrote:

John A Meinel <address@hidden> writes:

I would add a "--no-greedy-commit" and make greedy the default.

Noted. (but stays very low priority for me)

I wouldn't actually do it unless someone asks for it. I was just
specifying I would make it a "don't do it" option, the same as baz get, etc.
Nobody has complained about pristines updating themselves. I think the
only problem with updating the revlib is that it might make the commit
slower, but overall, I think people would prefer it.

Also, I didn't see a place where it handles the case where you *don't*
have a greedy revision library setup, so there is no library which wants
to receive the new changeset. It seems to assume that there will be a
place for it.

This also should be in the last patches. However, I'm not sure how
multiple revision libraries are managed.

I think you handle multiple revlibs fine. The arch_library_add_choice, I
believe, is what is used to figure out what is the best library to add
things to.

The final patch looks good to me, but I just reviewed the code, and
didn't actually play with it.

John
=:->