[Gnu-arch-users] baz make-archive existing-dir

From: Stuart Jansen
Subject: [Gnu-arch-users] baz make-archive existing-dir
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 18:51:35 -0600

Why does baz require that the destination directory of a make-archive
not already exist? We would like to have all employees mirror their
archives to a central location, but would prefer not to grant them write
access to the parent directory.

In other words, if we were mirroring to /export/archives/<employee>, it
would be nice if an admin could create an empty
directory /export/archives/sjansen and grant me ownership of it. As it
stands now, the admin would have to grant me write to /export/archives.
Not only would I be able to create an archive mirror, I would also be
able to muck in other people's archives.

It would be nice if we could do this without resorting
to /export/archives/sjansen/archive/ or the like.

--
Stuart Jansen <address@hidden>
Guru Labs, L.C.