Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Good News about GNU Arch!

From: Andy Tai
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] Good News about GNU Arch!
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 20:04:29 -0700 (PDT)

Thank you, Tom.

Hi, I have volunteered to maintain GNU Arch. and the
FSF has agreed to this.  With the support of Tom, I
fill in as the maintainer of GNU Arch.

My plan is to be conservative and to merge in bug
fixes and other feature enhancements (mainly usability
ones), such as these in bazaar, in a gradual manner.
The 1.3.x code will be the basis for future releases.
  I do not intend to make revolutionary changes to GNU
Arch 1.x as the debate is still up on what is the best
approach for SCM data storage.  I aim to make Arch 1.x
stay usable for people still relying on it.

Arch 1.x shall continue until a clear winner among the
next generation distributed free SCMs emerges.

Thanks to Tom Lord for all his work and the foundation
for free SCM systems that he has laid.  And we will
still look to Tom for bringing more revolutionary and
innovative works to free software.  Tom will be a
grandfatherly figure in the community.

Thanks,
Andy