Re: [Gnu-arch-users] new GNU Arch 1 source archive location

From: Andy Tai
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] new GNU Arch 1 source archive location
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2005 15:00:38 -0700 (PDT)

Currently I do not intend to, as Arch is not the core
part of the GNU system and the FSF recommends but does
not require assignments for such programs.  Also a
large part of the code I would like to merge in
already exists in bazaar and these are not assigned to
the FSF by their authors.  The part by Tom Lord is
copyrighted by the FSF and for my own code, (none at
the current time) I also want to assign to the FSF.  I
encourage, but do not require, people to
copyright-assign their contributions to the FSF.

Of course only source code that is under the GNU GPL
v2 or later, or GPL-compatibly-licensed, can be in GNU
Arch.

--- "Alfred M. Szmidt" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Will you need copyright assignments for patches?

Andy Tai, address@hidden
Free Software: the software by the people, of the people and for the people!
Develop! Share! Enhance! Enjoy!