Re: [Gnu-arch-users] sync-tree, undoing revisions, etc

From: John A Meinel
Subject: Re: [Gnu-arch-users] sync-tree, undoing revisions, etc
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 17:22:00 -0600

Colin Fox wrote:
> If we have a tree with patches 1 - 10, and we just want to undo patch #5
> (roll back a specific patch) (but be able to roll it out later), what is
> the recommended procedure?
>
> The docs aren't terribly clear, and the examples seem to talk just about
> undoing the most recent commit.
>
> Also, what exactly does sync-tree do? The documentation is a little
> hazy.
>
> Thanks,
>   cf

If you want to undo patch #5 temporarily, it is just:

tla replay --reverse address@hidden/package--branch--0.1--patch-5
tla commit -s "Reverse patch-5"

That will remove the patch-5 log from the working tree, along with the
associated changes.

So that later, you can do "tla replay <blah>--patch-5" and get the
changes, and the patch log back.

Sync-tree is used when you want to say "remove the changes, but mark it
as still merged, so that in the future, it won't try and add the changes
back."

The work flow there is:
tla replay --reverse ...--patch-5
tla sync-tree
tla commit -s "removed changes from patch-5"

Now your tree still has the patch-5 log file, so tla knows that you
don't want those changes to show up in a later replay.

I hope that helps,
John
=:->